Friday, December 24, 2010

"Whoops."

It's December 24th.
Which means I've missed 3 days for BEDID.
But you know, I'm ok with that. They've been good, full, yet restful days.

I baked a ton of cookies (yes, exaggeration...but we did bake a lot) with a good friend. Then I went to another friend's house to eat pizza, watch a movie, and talk into the wee hours of the night (we hadn't seen each other for far too long, especially considering that she lives relatively close). It was a day full of hugs, laughter, good conversation, and people & things that make me happy.

The next day I finished baking the cookies we hadn't gotten to, and made another batch of home made granola (yum). This was followed up with the end of cleaning, a Christmas movie or two, a couple viewings of the Nutcracker (different versions), wrapping presents, and packing to leave.

Yesterday was full of joy as well, starting with breakfast with a dear friend, and hours of talking, hanging, just generally loving on each other. Then I headed to my parents where I'll be with family until at least Monday, maybe Tuesday.

So, BEDID's gonna take a break (I wondered even at the beginning if this would happen). I've done pretty well, and we'll see what happens, but no expectations until next week, ok? ;)

Yes, it's December 24th.
Christmas Eve.
I get to see more family tonight, and Christmas day is tomorrow!
I love Christmas for so many reasons, but mainly because of the reason that it's a joyful time (Jesus). He really is the Reason for the season, and it's so much bigger than this day! I also love that all my family celebrates for this reason too.

No comments:

Post a Comment