Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chicago in Winter

Dec. 5th time edit: This was posted last night, barely, as you can see from the time stamp, but it didn't go through! Force published it - Goal of BEDID, not lost. ;)

With the snow that fell last night, and the lights in the city, I don't think it can be denied that Chicago is beautiful in the winter. And yes, I failed to take my camera out of my purse, so I have no pictures to prove it.

I was downtown tonight with friends at the Aqua building (gorgeous, I'll point it out for you sometime) to celebrate a good friend's 30th birthday. A few of us met up part way into the evening. The rest had gone to Christkindlmarkt in Daley Plaza, then journeyed to the Aqua building (where the birthday girl works) for homemade pizzas, appetizers, salad, wine, and soda. Mmm. It was rounded out by chocolate fondue for dessert, plus 2 birthday cakes (both delicious, so I hear, though I only had room for one tiny piece). Then we moved to the media room (think small theater) to watch Elf. Of course, the cakes, fondue, sodas, water, wine, and popcorn were available for consumption.

It was a lovely, fabulous evening, the ride there and back was filled with snowy land/cityscapes and Christmas lights on both residences and businesses alike.

Thanks to my friend for having a birthday, and for giving us a place to celebrate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment