Friday, December 17, 2010

p4a (dftba)

In the last few months, I've gotten more involved with random people (indirectly, and a little directly) online. I've done more with YouTube than ever before, joined Twitter, participated more on Facebook and even done a teensy bit on Dailybooth.

As a result of this I've begun "following" several people that are heavily (more or less) involved in several of those sites. It sorta feels like I've made some new friends... and if I ever meet them, it will be interesting in a "I've seen a lot of you, but you've never seen me in your life" kind of way. However, it must be said that most of them are used to that, and are always pleased to meet the people (unless they're meeting jerks) who have commented/followed/been interested in their lives/videos/thoughts.

That being said, I've learned about a really cool project called "Project for Awesome" (or P4A) that takes place on December 17th & 18th - I think each year, though the date may fluxuate. I also believe this is year 3 in the project. It's all about raising money for charities, and using YouTube to bring attention to it all.

You can learn more about Project for Awesome here. (Be aware, Hank talks VERY quickly, all the time, so listen closely!)

I am amazed already by what has happened today and will be trying to check in tomorrow to see how it's going as well. Do yourself a favor, check it out, and be encouraged by others doing good to "decrease world suck."

DFTBA. (for the short answer, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment