Tuesday, July 14, 2009

You gotta have faith...

This morning's devos included Hebrews 11, the known "Faith Chapter" of the Bible. I always enjoy reading it, and I always find more in it.

Today was especially encuoraging as I noticed that Sarah (Abraham's wife) is on this amazing list of faithful people, when she made a mistake and tried to take those circumstances into her own hands. I never would have expected her to show up in this passage of the faithful.

It was encouraging because it shows (again) that even when I screw up, God is faithful. That is what is so amazing. He forgives my faults, he holds me close and says, "I love you anyway. I see you as faithful anyway, because of My Son, and because of your belief in Him." He knows I am striving to be like Him, and when I mess up, Jesus covers me.

Wow.
That's all there is to say. I can't explain it any more - I don't really understand it either. How He can do that, and love me despite what I do.

Wow.
And, thank You.

2 comments:

  1. 2 Timothy 2:13
    If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Well said, thanks for that verse!

    ReplyDelete