Thursday, July 16, 2009

Look at that view!

Through which lens do you view life?

Far too often, I view it through my own eyes. I don't see someone else's viewpoint without trying really hard. I don't even see it through a view like my former soccer coach/English teacher. He sees "Life through the Lens of Leadership." Not everyday, perhaps, but often enough that he has something say about it, and to teach/learn from in the process. Other friends view it through the perspective of ministry, or of family, or of the world's secular veiw of Christianity and how we can combat it.

Yes, they are pretty incredible. And, there are many, many ways to view the passing moments.

Currently, I am finding it very hard to look at life from someone else's perspective. To walk in their proverbial shoes. I am wrapped up in my craziness, in my stress, in my need for sleep, and for interaction outside of work.

Just a couple days ago, I was learning about faith. It was amazing me. I even shared about it at small group last night. But today, as I was trying to "get everything done" I forgot that I also "gotta have faith." Sad mistake.

My new goal, and my challenge to you: share with me a lens that works for you so you don't get too bogged down with the "me" in everything. Then, together, let's try to keep our focus where it should be and not always on ourselves.

My guess is, the view will be much nicer from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment