Friday, June 5, 2009

Homage to Kim

About a week ago or so, Kim wrote this blog post about shoes in the street.

It made me laugh. And, it made me realize that on the occasion when I see a shoe in the middle of the road, I vaguely wonder how it got there. Especially if it belongs to an adult. Children tend to randomly throw things about in the car, so a child's shoe is not so hard to figure out -- except perhaps in winter. Nonetheless, an adult shoe is much more ... disturbing/interesting.

This morning, as I drove to church after running an errand, I noticed something odd: 2 adult shoes in the middle of the left turn lane. They were about 4-5 feet apart, and they were both right-side-up. I am not sure how this happened, but it made me think of Kim's story, and made me wonder what that (assumption alert) guy did to lose both of his shoes while in a car.

Wonder with me.
(and write a possible story if you'd like!)

1 comment: