Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Leadership

I have lately found myself facinated with leadership. I am not sure when it started; perhaps around the time I realized I am something of a leader at my church. (That feels very strange to say, because I really do not feel like that most days. I feel like little-ol'-me just doing what God has asked me to do. Then again, maybe that is part of what a leader should be.) Since discovering this, I have been in meetings, seminars, classes, etc., that have at least touched on leadership. I have read books, been recomended speakers to listen to, had conversations, etc.

As you can see from the sidebar, there are a few blogs I read fairly regularly. I don't read them everyday, or even every week. However, these are people who's storytelling abilities are fantastic, who's insights are amazing, who's opinions are valid, and/or who's experiences and advice are worth listening to. One of them (The Hope of 'What If?') is soley about leadership and it's different aspects. Lately several of them have touched on leadership in one way or another.

These are a few leadership posts that I came across in the last week or so that really challenged me and/or inspired me. The guys who write them are leaders. Their leadership is demonstrated different ways (from each other as well as depending on circumstance. They ask tough questions. They point out what they have learned to encourage others along the way. The list could be longer if I had more time to sift through them all, but here you go:

1. Bottom Leaders
2. Encouragement
3. Habit
4. Questions to Help Me Avoid the Real Issue

I encourage you to check them out.

1 comment: