Saturday, January 9, 2010

All it takes is some chocolate and a good book

I have had a very busy week. Some days were actually rougher than I realized until I reached the end of them. (Which is strange.) Thus, when I left yesterday evening to go out with the girls (fabulous), I was far more tired than I should have been after only working 4 days.

Girls' Night was scheduled to start at 7 p.m. so my friend Amy & I hung out at Barnes (& Noble) for awhile together after work before heading to the restaurant. Got some coffee, had some good conversation, bought some books. It's always dangerous for me to enter a bookstore. It's very hard for me to leave without a book in my hand. Which means, I always end up spending money, even if I didn't intend to, or shouldn't have. Yesterday, I left with 3 new books -- which doesn't sound like much, but I spent more than I should have on something I don't really need, even if it made me happy. Went on to dinner with the girls, and had a good time, but was glad to get home.

This morning I was feeling a little blue - probably just from being tired, and knowing that my family would be together without me this afternoon. If I admit it, there is another reason...but... well, we'll just pretend that one doesn't exist. So, I got up, ate some breakfast, did some laundry, and finished one of the books I was reading. Then I ate some lunch, followed by some lovely Godiva chocolate (not much, but just a square is enough to cheer me up a tad) and made some hot chocolate (another 'cheerer-upper') and spent the majority of my afternoon today reading one of my new books. It wasn't (obviously) a super-hard read by any means, but the story was well written enough, and the characters enjoyable. I finished all 330-ish pages in approximately 5 hours. *happy sigh*

And as I was contemplating beginning another one, in the warm coziness of my bed before going to sleep, I realized that I am in a better mood right now. The 'non-existent' reason for my blues is still lurking, but I'm pretty sure I can lick it tonight. Chocolate and books to the rescue.

Yup. That's all it takes.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing! It would be even better with a fire in the hole.

    ReplyDelete