Friday, November 16, 2012

basics

Came across this article yesterday thanks to a former teacher/coach (thanks Walsh). Here are a couple things that really resonated with me:

"... we need to go back to the basics of living as disciples of Christ, living missionally for Christ and demonstrating the Gospel in tangible ways within our schools, workplaces and communities."

"... the fight over symbolic issues is backfiring, alienating people from the truths of the gospel rather than attracting them to it. The kind of Christianity the world responds to is the authentic "love your neighbor" kind. Its appeal can't be legislated through court battles and neither can courts stop its spread."

I'm still stewing on how this comes out and how to make it not just "good thoughts" in my head, but truth, Christ in action.

I read some debate about it where he had posted it and it was really good to get me beyond just thinking it was interesting and moving on with my day. I have some changing to do. Hope it gets you thinking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment