Thursday, October 25, 2012

still praying

Remember a couple days ago, I was praying for strangers?
Well, today I am still praying. I just can't get them off my mind this week. It is almost distracting, which tells me two things.

1. Chad and Chris still need to be prayed for regardless of which week it is.
2. I need to not worry so much about what could be or will be or anything else, and trust God.

So I pray.

I have been praying for them often this week, and each time I do, I feel a little more at peace. I still have no idea if I'll ever meet -or even talk with- them, but I do know that what they are doing and what I am doing and what we will continue to do in our lives, through any and all changes, God is in control. And that is why we are here on the earth: to do His will and bring Him glory, hopefully while sharing His love and His life with others.

God, wherever Chad is today, bless him. Give him energy, courage, excitement. Help him make decisions for your Kingdom, not for his own glory. Encourage his family. Keep him safe.

Be with Chris also. Let joy flow out of his heart, and let it overflow to those around him. Give him wisdom as he pursues Your will. Give him safety as he strives to bring You glory where he is this moment. May his heart shine brightly and shout that You are near.

Lord, keep these men close to You that each step they take is clearly aligned with the plan You have set before them.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment