Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sometimes

I feel more lonely than I do at other times.
Maybe that's trite. Maybe that's boring. Maybe it's too much information.

But that's where I am.

We all have these feelings, and they seem to fluctuate with seasons, events, or even a bad night of sleep. Sometimes it lasts for a day, sometimes a week, sometimes longer. I am in one of those longer periods right now.

I have great friends, whom I get to see almost every week. I have others I can't see as often, but we talk often enough to make up for it. I have family relatively close. Great things are happening around me, and I am involved in several of them. And still I sit here feeling like this, and I don't have to wonder why, but it still frustrates me.

I want to be past this. I want to be through it, over it, beyond it. I don't want to have to think about it again. I want to enjoy the life I have and not be wondering about the future.

But that's just where I am.

1 comment: